Thursday, January 28, 2010

Update: Main(s) is a Pain

Here’s a quick update: remember I said in my original post on powerline networking that the reason why I wasn’t getting a clean sinusoidal wave on the transformer was probably due to the fact that the duty cycle of the PWM signal generated by the PIC’s CCP was not 50%? Turns out I was right. I set the duty to exactly 50% and though I not getting a sine wave even now, its still pretty close.

50duty In blue is the pseudo-sinusoid at the transformer primary. The pulse train in green is the input given to the transformer secondary.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Rohit de Sa
    I am a bachelor degree student in communication & electronics Engineering.
    I was simply impressed with your achievements that you've mentioned in your blog and i was wondering, would i be bothering you if i wanted to ask for your help with my PLC project?

    i would very much like a reply from you to this email moodylai88(at)gmail(dot)com

    Thank you,
    Moody

    ReplyDelete

Visitors